Data definition file
Inline Data Definition
The define operation uses this format to define inline data resources.
The resource generator uses this format to define the data generated and their parameters.
The following data definition file shows the common structure of all data definition file that defines the name of the tabular structure and its columns.
LogicalName: LogicalName PrimaryColumns: [ "column_name1", "column_name2" ] Columns: - name: column_name1 Type: Precision: Scale: Comment: Position: 1 - name: column_name2 Type: Precision: Scale: Comment: ..... Request: header: X-HTTP-header Accept: ...
- columns defines a list of column
- name is the name of the column
- type is the data type of a column (Default: varchar)
- precision is the precision of the data type (Default value of the data type)
- scale is the scale of the data type (Default value of the data type)
- comment is a comment on the column
- position is the physical column position
- primaryColumns defines a list of column names that compose the primary key.
- request are request attributes used when the resource is dynamic (mostly used to defined http resource)
LogicalName: Date Columns: - name: DATE_ID Type: Date - name: MONTH_ID Type: Varchar Precision: 6 - name: MONTH_NUMBER Type: Integer - name: MONTH_NAME Type: Varchar Precision: 20 - name: MONTH_DESC Type: Varchar Precision: 20 - name: MONTH_DESC_SHORT Type: Varchar Precision: 10 - name: YEAR_NUMBER Type: Varchar Precision: 4
Each action may need additional information about a table or a column. This information can be added at each level (table or column) as a attribute (ie property).
DataResourceAttribute1: value1 Columns: - name: column_name ColumnProperty1: value1 ....
- DataResourceAttribute1 is a resource attribute
- ColumnProperty1 is a column attribute
A Property value may be:
- a scalar (ie single value)
- a list
- or a mapping
The column data generators use them to define data generations arguments.