Creation of the generator file
To generate data, you need to create a generator file that will describe the data to be generated.
The below data resource generator:
- has the name histogram_random–datagen.yml
- has the simple name histogram_random
- will generate 30 values (MaxRecordCount count)
- has a column named id that has sequence data generator that:
- starts by default at the value 1
- increments by default with the value 1
- has a column named buckets_map with a histogram generator where the buckets property defines a map where:
- the key is the value to generate
- the value is the chance factor of generation (the more, the more chance that you get the value generated)
- has a column named buckets_list with a histogram generator where the buckets property defines:
- a list of values (the chance factor have by default a value of 1)
The two buckets columns (buckets_map and buckets_list) are equivalent.
They defines the buckets as being:
- a list of values
- with a factor of chance of value 1.
MaxRecordCount: 10 Columns: - name: id type: integer comment: A id column to see easily the number of values generated DataGenerator: type: sequence - name: bucket_map type: varchar comment: A column with a random color generator and a map of values with the chance factor DataGenerator: type: histogram Buckets: blue: 1 red: 1 green: 1 - name: bucket_list type: varchar comment: A column with a random color generator and a list of values DataGenerator: type: histogram Buckets: - blue - red - green
Printing the data
With the data print command, we can print the 30 values generated.
tabli data print histogram_random--datagen.yml@howto
id bucket_map bucket_list -- ---------- ----------- 1 green blue 2 red blue 3 red green 4 green red 5 blue red 6 red red 7 green blue 8 red blue 9 green blue 10 green green