This how-to shows you how to generate an string,varchar, text sequence with the column sequence generator.
Creation of the generator file
To generate data, you need to create a generator file that will describe the data to be generated.
The below data resource generator:
- has the name sequence_varchar–datagen.yml
- has the logical name sequence_varchar
- will generate 30 values (MaxRecordCount count)
- has a column named id that has sequence data generator that:
- starts by default at the value 1
- increments by default with the value 1
- has a column named seq_char with the varchar data type that has sequence data generator
MaxRecordCount: 30 Columns: - name: id type: integer comment: A id column to see easily the number of values generated DataGenerator: type: sequence - name: seq_char type: varchar precision: 2 comment: A column with a sequence character generator DataGenerator: type: sequence
Printing the data
With the data print command, we can print the values generated.
tabli data print [email protected]
id seq_char -- -------- 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 e 6 f 7 g 8 h 9 i 10 j 11 k 12 l 13 m 14 n 15 o 16 p 17 q 18 r 19 s 20 t 21 u 22 v 23 w 24 x 25 y 26 z 27 ba 28 bb 29 bc 30 bd
Because a generator is just a data resource, you can use it in every data operation.