You should have Tabulify installed on your computer. Learning Tabulify - Step 1 - Installation
Select the fact table
The trick to copy a star/snowflake schema is:
- to give the fact table (ie the table at the center of the star/snowflake schema) to the Tabli table create command
- and to ask to create it with its dependencies.
Create the fact table with its dependencies
The below command will create:
- the table store_sales from the tpcds system. This is the fact table of the tpcds store schema.
- with all its dependencies (all the foreign tables)
- with the tabli data create command.
tabli data create --with-dependencies store_sales@tpcds tpc_$0@sqlite
The list of data resources created uri --------------------------------- tpc_customer@sqlite tpc_customer_address@sqlite tpc_customer_demographics@sqlite tpc_date_dim@sqlite tpc_household_demographics@sqlite tpc_income_band@sqlite tpc_item@sqlite tpc_promotion@sqlite tpc_store@sqlite tpc_store_sales@sqlite tpc_time_dim@sqlite
List the created tables
With the tabli data list command, we can list the tables created with the tpc prefix.
tabli data list -a name -a count tpc*@sqlite
count ----- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
You can fill them with generated data.